Re: detecting connection speed

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Aaron Heady (BING AVAILABILITY) <
aheady@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Nic,
>

> Thanks for digging this up. This is a very common blocker to features.
> What group is trying to come up with a better security model to address
> cross origin data sharing?

This was discussed in the previous thread, and the only security related
objection was for cross-domain resources (so same-domain byte size info was
considered safe).
As Ilya stated, ResourceTiming is only enabled for cross domain origins
that have opted-in, so it's not certain that byte size info imposes a large
risk there (and if so, timing info can heuristically expose the same data).

Adding Jonas, which expressed these security concerns last time around.