Re: detecting connection speed

Somewhat of a tangent...

There have been multiple requests in the past to expose the "bytes
transferred" as part of Nav/Resource Timing API. While this is not a
panacea, I do think it would be valuable and could address a lot of use
cases we're discussing here... Or, to be more precise, give the developers
the basic primitive to then build up their own abstractions to drive
BW-estimation and similar use cases.

</tangent> :)