Re: detecting connection speed

On 04/12/13 05:05, Puneet Mohan Sangal wrote:
> James, I understand it's a difficult problem to solve, however it will
> be a very useful dimension when conducting analysis on performance data.
> May be we should start with what the possible solutions could be, and
> then consider the pros & cons?

You should always start with use cases, because they form the basis for
determining what the pros and cons of possible solutions are. If
possible you should also back up use cases with evidence that they are
real problems e.g. people using workarounds to try and solve the use
case in the absence of a built in solution. In this case that might be
e.g. authors timing resource downloads to try to estimate connection speed.