Re: making page visibility a property of document instead of top level browsing context

Boris, that's right.

Ojan, I'm not sure about what you said. Why should the browser not make the
best attempt to decide whether the iframe content is visible or not?
Is there a reason not to return "hidden" in the two cases you listed?

Arvind
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 8/25/13 10:02 AM, Arvind Jain wrote:
>
>> "hidden" would mean the document is not visible to the user.
>>

> As in definitely not visible.
>
> That is, we would allow cases when the document is not actually visible,
> but the visibility state is still "visible", right?

I think we have to go with this definition. For example, I don't think we
want to say that a document is hidden if it's obscured by a
position:absolute div or if it's in an opacity:0 container. I'm picturing
that, in practice, we'd only report hidden if the frame is hidden due to
being outside the visible part of the top-level document (i.e. it's in the
overflow).