Re: [ScriptYielding] setImmediate clamping returns.

Le 13/08/2013 02:36, James Robinson a écrit :
> Here's a much simpler resolution for your dilemma:  setImmediate() is
> actually not a very good idea, so nobody has an incentive to implement
> it and there's no dilemma at all.
:-)
Which part of setImmediate isn't a very good idea?
One thing I'm sure of is that web authors want to be able to schedule
subtasks that will run quickly. They've been hacking postMessage for
that purpose or other the event system. Promises will have microtasks, etc.
We already have some form of setImmediate and some other coming. Are
these also bad ideas?

David