RE: [HighResTime] Web Worker support

The time immediately before step 1 feels like the appropriate creation time for the worker. If we can get a hook into step 1 put into the Web Workers spec, I can link directly to that definition. I'll file a bug on the editor.

Jatinder

From: James Robinson [mailto:jamesr@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:56 PM
To: Jatinder Mann
Cc: public-web-perf; James Simonsen
Subject: Re: [HighResTime] Web Worker support

In the line:

For a shared worker<http://www.w3.org/TR/workers/#shared-workers-and-the-sharedworkerglobalscope-interface>, the time origin must be equal to the time of creation of the shared worker.

What is the definition of 'creation of the shared worker'?  I could imagine in the processing model:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/workers.html#processing-model-6

that this could be interpreted as a time before or after steps 1, 4, 5, or just before step 8.  I think it needs a better normative reference, although the concept seems fine.

- James