Re: [Resource Timing] Definition of "network layer cache"

I seem to remember "networking layer cache" being somewhat intentionally
left vague, as we figured different UAs would have various caches and we
didn't want to pigeon hole what it meant.

Outside of what the phrase "networking layer cache" means, the intent
was to include all resources included in the page, regardless of whether
a request went out over the network to get them.  In this case, site.js
is included statically in webpagetest.org's HTML:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://cdn.webpagetest.org/js/site.js?v=28"></script>

I would expect/hope site.js would be included as a PerformanceEntry in
the PerformanceTimeline, even if it was "cached" from the previous page
load. It's load time would be near 0, since it was loaded from whatever
caches the UA has.

The wording around "networking layer cache" could certainly be better
explained, but I'm not sure how...

- Nic
http://nicj.net/
@NicJ