Re: Understanding Navigation Timing Metrics

From: Reitbauer, Alois <Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:07:25 +0000
To: James Simonsen <simonjam@chromium.org>
CC: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
For me it seems to be simply wrong; at least when I read the specification.

// Alois

From: James Simonsen <simonjam@chromium.org<mailto:simonjam@chromium.org>>
Date: Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:26 AM
To: Alois Reitbauer <alois.reitbauer@compuware.com<mailto:alois.reitbauer@compuware.com>>
Cc: "public-web-perf@w3.org<mailto:public-web-perf@w3.org>" <public-web-perf@w3.org<mailto:public-web-perf@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Understanding Navigation Timing Metrics

I can only guess: maybe it's document.open?

James

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Reitbauer, Alois <Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com<mailto:Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com>> wrote:
Looking at some real world Web performance data, I found an interesting issue.

According to the specification DOM Interactive is triggered when the whole document is parsed. ResponseEnd is triggered when the last byte of the response is received. Looking at our real world data I saw numerous cases where the DOM Interactive events happens before the Response End event. Any thoughts on this?

// Alois