RE: [PageVisibility] visibilityState should be an IDL enum, not a string

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:22:08 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Considering this change will be transparent to developers, there will be no compatibility impact on current implementations, and this is a good forward looking change, I agree with making this change. I will update the spec like so:

partial interface Document {
    enum VisibilityStates { "hidden", "visible", "prerender", "unloaded" };
    readonly attribute VisibilityStates visibilityState;
};

I will need to update Section 4.5 Vendor Prefixes to accommodate this change. This change should not change the spec's Candidate Recommendation state.

Thanks,
Jatinder