Re: [agenda] Web Performance WG Teleconference #73 Agenda 2012-05-16

From: Sigbjørn Vik <sigbjorn@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 20:37:01 +0200
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
On Wed, 16 May 2012 03:14:42 +0200, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Below is the proposed agenda for tomorrow's meetings.
[...]
> 3.       Creating Navigation Timing 2 specification resolution

It was good to be part of the meeting, and hear people directly. It seems
as if we talked about standards in different ways though, so let me
clarify my stance. Publishing a recommendation carries several meanings:

1) User agents wishing to implement this feature are recommended to use
this spec
2) User agents wishing to be compatible, are recommended to follow this
spec exactly
3) This spec is stable, and intended to be used on the web for a long time
4) Web developers are recommended to use this spec
5) Web developers may expect this spec to be/become supported in user
agents

For Navigation Timing, I fully support 2), but I don't think we should
promote any of the other points.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Core Quality Services