Re: [HighResolutionTime] Spec consistently uses "monotonically increasing" when it means "monotonically nondecreasing"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:17:35 -0400
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
On 5/14/12 2:13 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> The spec should use "nondecreasing" if that's what it means. If it
> really means "increasing", then I'd like to understand how this can
> possibly be implemented.

Though one more note.  The definition of "monotonically increasing" is
not actually standardized across the world in mathematics.  In some
cases it means |x <= y implies f(x) <= f(y)| (with "strictly increasing"
used to mean |x < y implies f(x) < f(y)|, and in some cases it means |x
< y implies f(x) < f(y)|, with "nondecreasing" meaning the other thing.

It might be best to just spell out in the spec which behavior it
actually means....

-Boris