[HighResolutionTime] performance.now() value depends on the document, which can cause problems

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:07:29 -0400
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Right now, the value returned by performance.now() depends on the Window
the performance object came from.  This means that any code working with
multiple subframes and trying to use performance.now() has to be
extremely careful: the value will differ in different subframes
depending on when they were last loaded.  This behavior has already
bitten the editor of the requestAnimationFrame spec, and I expect it to
bite web authors.

The bad news is that I'm not sure how to fix this problem.  :(  One
option is to walk up the window.parent chain as long as the ancestors
are same-origin, but that would make the .now() method a lot slower...

-Boris