Re: requestAnimationFrame time and DOMHighResTimestamp

From: Paul Irish <paul.irish@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:26:35 -0700
To: James Robinson <jamesr@google.com>
Cc: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>, Nat Duca <nduca@chromium.org>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Not many developers are using this first parameter, but a few are. I've
talked to a few who picked up on the high res timer and they agree that
it's a better and more useful value to pass. I definitely agree on going
forward with the high res timer as first param.

Depending on performance.now's presence.. I'll likely recommend feature
detecting via:

if (duration < 1e12) /* high res timer */
else /* epoch timestamp */

_
Paul
Chrome Developer Relations