Semantics of the time argument on rAF's FrameRequestCallback

From: Nat Duca <nduca@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 09:58:45 -0700
To: public-web-perf@w3.org
Hi folks -

The current rAF spec defines FrameRequestCallback in the following way:

   callback FrameRequestCallback = void (DOMTimeStamp time);

However, we don't define the semantic meaning of the time argument.
Some implementations seem to define "time" as the start of the frame,
e.g. the timestamp at the beginning of animation processing, while
others define it as the time that the animations will be presented on
the screen.

Should we precisely define the meaning of this argument?

- Nat