RE: Specifying window.performance.now()

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:53:50 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>, "James Robinson (jamesr@google.com)" <jamesr@google.com>, "cam@mcc.id.au" <cam@mcc.id.au>
> In any case, I somewhat doubt requestAnimationFrame could change here.
> Too much web content is depending on those times being comparable to JS Date simply because it had no other choice.  :(
>
> -Boris

One of the motivations for performance.now() was to get requestAnimationFrame to use it, per this discussion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2011Aug/0039.html. Seeing that developers were aware that they were using prefixed code that could still change behavior and requestAnimationFrame spec has only now just gone into Last Call, I don't think it's too late to make such changes.

Jatinder