FYI: Summary of advice, numeric constants vs enumerated strings

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:31:48 -0500
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
FYI,

I stumbled on a summary of advice, numeric constants vs enumerated
strings made by Harald. Since we struggled with this in the past, I
thought it was useful information here as well. The good news is that
the WebRTC folks reached the same conclusion:
[[
My conclusion from this round of asking for advice is that the summary
of the advice given is that we SHOULD make the change, and revise the
spec to use strings in all places where integer constants are used today.
]]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2012JanMar/0320.html

Philippe