Re: Cross-Origin Resources and Resource Timing

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Alois Reitbauer <
alois.reitbauer@dynatrace.com> wrote:

>  I have a question on cross-origin resources. Does the current spec state
> that when the document is loaded from www.mydomain.com that I will not get
> any timing information from www.yourdomain.com ? This would make it
> impossible to monitor third party resources.

You'll get the overall load time for those resources, but it won't be broken
down into the details (DNS time, connect time, etc.). Those values will all
report 0.

If you want all the information, you'll have to add the Timing-Allow-Origin
header to the resource's HTTP response. See:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/raw-file/tip/specs/ResourceTiming/Overview.html#cross-origin-resources

James