Re: [PageVisibility] What should the visibility api return in display:none iframes?

On 10/6/11 8:37 PM, Shishir Agrawal wrote:
> I think the idea of Page Visibility was more to provide a way for
> webpages to know how the visibility state of the embedder (the browser
> tab).

Just to note, a browser tab _is_ an iframe in Firefox at the moment.

I agree that if you start considering all possible ways that subframes
could be invisible you can rathole very deeply on it and that we should
not go there.  display:none is a bit of a special case, since it leads
to no CSS box construction, which is actually easily detectable from
script....