Re: navigationStart

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 11/17/11 12:12 AM, Tony Gentilcore wrote:
>>
>> TBH, I don't see any tests that run in an<object>.
>
> http://w3c-test.org/framework/test/nav-timing-default/single/test_unique_performance_objects/format/html/
> is very definitely running in an <object>.  The whole test is loaded in an
> <object>.
>
> Same thing for
> http://w3c-test.org/framework/test/nav-timing-default/single/test_navigate_within_document/format/html/
>
> Both are claimed to fail in Firefox; both pass completely if loaded directly
> as
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/approved/navigation-timing/html/test_unique_performance_objects.html
> and
> http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/approved/navigation-timing/html/test_navigate_within_document.html
> respectively.

Your are right. That use of <object> is bizarre. I didn't notice it
because I was running the tests directly by clicking through
http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/ instead of through that harness.

>> Nor does document.getElementsByTagName('object') turn anything up on the
>> tests
>> I sampled.
>
> The tests themselves don't have <object> in them.  The harness does, as far
> as I can tell.
>
>> The sources along with revision history are here:
>>
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/file/dbf0cc61824a/tests/approved/navigation-timing/html
>
> That doesn't include the sources for the test harness.

The test framework repos are here:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/testframework/
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/testframework-core/

But I believe the easiest thing to do at this point is to file a bug at:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=Testing&component=Test%20Framework&priority=P3