Re: [ResourceTiming] Exceptions and language use

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:33:03 +0100, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com> wrote:

> On Thu 10 Nov 2011 04:22:38 PM CET, Sigbjørn Vik wrote:
>> Some questions about missing definitions of exceptions, all other
>> comments are about the language used.
>>
>> Method exceptions
>> =================
>> clearResourceTimings - no exceptions if called with arguments?
>> setResourceTimingBufferSize - no exceptions if called with no
>> arguments, a double or a string?
>> Does this mean we are missing test cases for this as well? Calling
>> setResourceTimingBufferSize with a variable that with some goodwill can
>> be parsed as an integer is an area ripe for incompatibilities unless
>> specified. We really need both TCs and a specification on this before
>> moving further.
>
> These cases should be covered by WebIDL

Thanks, I looked, but couldn't find it there, but I will believe you ;) It
should be easy enough to reference the IDL in the exception section then,
and to make some TCs available, so we can test the requirements of the
specification.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Core Quality Services