Re: [NavigationTiming] few comments

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:25:28 +0200
To: Tony Gentilcore <tonyg@google.com>
CC: public-web-perf@w3.org
On 03/20/2011 12:51 AM, Tony Gentilcore wrote:
> But I agree the types are underspecified. My understanding is that
> TYPE_RESERVED should never be returned. I'd support an update that
> clarifies that form submissions and script initiated navigations fall
> under TYPE_NAVIGATE. I'd also support removing TYPE_RESERVED
> altogether.

Yeah, the spec needs to be fixed.
I found some currently invalid tests
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/file/fb6cbccbb0cc/tests/approved/test_timing_client_redirect.htm

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webperf/file/fb6cbccbb0cc/tests/submission/Microsoft/NavigationTiming/test_timing_attributes_order.htm
Both expect TYPE_NAVIGATE to mean something else than what is currently
specified.
Once the spec is changed, I'd assume those test to be valid.

-Olli