From: public-web-perf-request@w3.org [mailto:public-web-perf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Cameron McCormack
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:26 PM
To: Web Performance Working Group WG
Subject: Re: ISSUE-6: (duplicate callbacks): Spec needs to clarify expected behavior for duplicate calls of the same callback [Request Animation Frame]

Web Performance Working Group Issue Tracker:
> ISSUE-6: (duplicate callbacks): Spec needs to clarify expected
> behavior for duplicate calls of the same callback [Request Animation
> Frame]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/6

I made the animation frame request callback list an explicit list of (handle-id, callback, cancelled-flag) triples and updated the requestAnimationFrame & cancelRequestAnimationFrame descriptions appropriately.  This makes it so that cancelRequestAnimationFrame cancels a single instance of the callback in the list.

I’ve also added some text to the note box just below the definition of the requestAnimationFrame method pointing out that multiple entries in the list with the same callback will exist if you call requestAnimationFrame more than once with the same callback.

(I can’t remember who raised this issue initially; might’ve been Jatinder or Nic.)

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/