Re: [agenda] Web Performance WG Teleconference #28 Agenda 2011-04-13

   Some updates about "NavigationTiming navigationStart in cross-origin
redirected navigations".

   After discussing with the security team here, the conclusion so far is
that the security concerns associated
with not zeroing out a different-origin navigationStart are outweighed by
the benefits to legitimate web developers
of having the data.
   * There could be some privacy leak by exposing navigationStart but
existing techniques can already obtain similar info.
   * Related to exploiting cross-site request forgery, the availability of
the timing info is the least of the user's problem. And
     the timing info doesn't further enable the success of the attack
itself.

  In short, we can lift the same-origin constrain on navigationStart.

cheers,
Zhiheng