Re: [minutes] 20110406 Web Performance WG Teleconference #27

From: James Simonsen <simonjam@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:38:00 -0700
To: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Summary of Action Items
> ACTION-18 - Follow up on test coverage and propose new test cases. [on
> Zhiheng Wang - due 2011-04-13].

I took a look at the new Navigation Timing tests that exercise redirects.
Thanks for submitting them! I just wanted to make a couple of comments:

http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Microsoft/NavigationTiming/test_timing_server_redirect.htm

1. We should verify that navigationStart is non-zero. If we accidentally
zero it out thinking it's cross-server (or any other buggy reason), the rest
of the tests won't detect it.

2. This is redundant and can be removed:
test_timing_order('redirectEnd', 'navigationStart');

http://w3c-test.org/webperf/tests/submission/Microsoft/NavigationTiming/test_timing_xserver_redirect.htm

1. As of right now, this should also check that navigationStart is 0.

James