update on CORS

From: Jason Sobel <jsobel@facebook.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 23:25:50 +0000
To: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Hey all, here is the current status on CORS, according to Anne:

"It is getting more widely deployed and me might go to Last Call soon. The main issue is some people from Google think it is the wrong solution (and instead put forward UMP), but nobody else, including other people from Google who are implementing, agree, though the people from Google who are implementing are not taking a stand. We talked about it on Monday and are planning to go for a Call for Consensus and see what happens. If successful, that will result in a Last Call draft."

Sounds like there's a good chance it will be in last call soon. If we think the spec is good (I do but you all should take a closer look) we should help them if we can.

              --jason