Re: [Resource Timing] User feedback and a modified proposal

From: Sigbjørn Vik <sigbjorn@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 13:57:13 +0100
To: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 03:21:30 +0100, James Simonsen <simonjam@chromium.org>
wrote:

> Then, the relevant timing information will vary depending on the object.
> For
> instance:
>
>    - Scripts should include parsing time.
>    - Images might include decoding time.
>    - All resources should include network time (ResourceTiming from the
>    draft spec).

Sounds good. CSS resources should also have parsing time. We should also
explicitly lay out in the spec how future extensions should be included,
e.g. time to compile script into machine code, Flash setupTime. Using
vendor prefixes, in which locations on which objects, which objects should
not be allowed to be touched, etc.

--
Sigbjørn Vik
Quality Assurance