RE: Resource Timing

I assume you mean an HTTP header? If so, that sounds totally reasonable.
Thanks!

              --jason

From: Zhiheng Wang [mailto:zhihengw@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:21 PM
To: Jason Sobel
Cc: Bryan McQuade; public-web-perf@w3.org
Subject: Re: Resource Timing

   fbcdn.net<http://fbcdn.net> can set its html header, say "allow-timing-access", to allow facebook.com<http://facebook.com> to access timing information on those resources
served from it. That should answer your question?

cheers,
Zhiheng
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Jason Sobel <jsobel@facebook.com<mailto:jsobel@facebook.com>> wrote:
The case I'm mostly worried about is where we (facebook.com<http://facebook.com>) host our static resources on a different domain (fbcdn.net<http://fbcdn.net>). I'd like some way to allow fbcdn.net<http://fbcdn.net> to "opt in" to giving timing information to facebook.com<http://facebook.com>. At one point CORS (http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/) was mentioned as a possible solution.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with Zhiheng. Thanks!

             --jason