RE: [TF-TD] experimenting with mapping JSON based data models to RDF triples

Hi Dave, hi everybody,

I’m not sure I understood your idea behind this experiment. To which extent is your algorithm different from the deserialization specified in the JSON-LD API document [1]?

With jsonld.js (used in the JSON-LD playground [2]), we have a quite similar result. The following JSON object (one of your tests):

{

  "@context": {

    "@vocab": "coap://example.org/mything/"

  },

  "properties": {

    "on" : {

      "type" : "boolean",

      "writeable": true

    },

    "working" : "boolean"

  }

}

becomes:

_:b0 <coap://example.org/mything/properties> _:b1 .

_:b1 <coap://example.org/mything/on> _:b2 .

_:b1 <coap://example.org/mything/working> "boolean" .

_:b2 <coap://example.org/mything/type> "boolean" .

_:b2 <coap://example.org/mything/writeable> "true"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean> .

The only difference is I added a default namespace for keys. One could imagine this namespace corresponds to the address of the thing we describe or the exact URI of the document. It can of course be combined with the proposed default WoT @context.

I wish you all a happy new year.

Best regards,

Victor

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld-api/#rdf-serialization-deserialization-algorithms