Re: New web of things server projects

Hi Dave and WoT Interest Group,

Here is a brief summary of the python based web of things server project I have been working on since 2012:

http://www.slideshare.net/michaeljohnkoster/iottoolkit-wot

The project is at:

https://github.com/connectIOT/iottoolkit

I can’t tell how converged the thinking is around APIs at this point, but the main goal here is to experiment with REST + Async events and hypermedia driven APIs for web of things.

The central idea is to build a self-describing "web object" encapsulation of the properties, events, actions, and description of a thing, with bindings to multiple protocols (CoAP, HTTP, MQTT) and multiple linked data formats (JSON-LD, Core link-format from RFC 6690, other RDF based formats). I made it easy to change the API patterns and resource behavior in order to learn more about the design space.

I’ve used IoT Toolkit as a virtual entity layer in a number of demos and projects, bridging CoAP to HTTP, REST to PubSub, and started to experiment with hypermedia design patterns.

Best regards,

Michael J. Koster