Re: IOTDB: how granting access to value in a device?

Indeed, which is why it is valuable to survey existing approaches and to identify gaps and ideas for new approaches that fill them. There is a lot of valuable work on best practices for security. There several approaches to access control, and it also relates to provenance tracking - if data is merged from different sources, then you may need to track who are the corresponding data owners.  The University of Passau has done some interesting work in static code analysis in that respect.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>