Re: General objection regarding Web NFC

Hi Anders,

> On 14 Apr 2015, at 14:41, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When I read issues like https://github.com/w3c/web-nfc/issues/16
> I get the impression that you expect connecting clients to use Web-technology.
>
> IMO, this assumption will severely limit the value of Web NFC.
> The only "standard" that's really lacking, is a way for untrusted Web-pages to interact with connecting client devices.
> http://ipt.intel.com/Home/How-it-works/network-security-identity-management/ipt-with-near-field-communications
>
> How Web-based OSes expose NFC to the outer world should IMO be left to another forum to cater for including
> security considerations.

The group's Charter defines the goals and scope for the group. I encourage you familiarise yourself with the document:

  http://w3c.github.io/web-nfc/charter/

The Charter was crafted with input from multiple stakeholders, including multiple major browser implementers.

As the participant of the group, you are free to propose changes to the Charter per the "Amendments to this Charter" section defined in the above-mentioned document.

Thanks,

-Anssi (CG chair)