Privacy restriction? Re: [W3C Webmob] Teleconf today: Notes and work items

On March 23, 2015 at 12:35:58 PM, Natasha Rooney (nrooney@gsma.com) wrote:
> > Data Info API: still moving ahead with a proof of concept, but
> privacy reasons may mean we need to be restrictive. We are looking
> at some other methods too, Natasha will do some research on this
> and let the group know what we find out.

Do we have a clear understanding of what these "privacy restrictions" are? I mean, if a subscriber can access exactly this information through a web page (and see this in real time), why would there be some different privacy criteria when doing the exact same thing with the phone (except over JSON)? That seems extremely bogus to me.

What am I missing?