Re: New release of mobile roadmap (May 2015)

Fantastic! Many thanks Dom!

Everyone - if you have any suggested changes / edits to this please let Dom know!

Natasha

Natasha Rooney | Web Technologist | GSMA | nrooney@gsma.com | +44 (0) 7730 219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: nrooney@gsm.org
Tokyo, Japan

> On May 28, 2015, at 10:54 PM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just released the May 2015 edition of the mobile standards roadmap:
>  http://www.w3.org/2015/05/mobile-web-app-state/
>
> It documents the following changes since January:
>> Published as First Public Working Draft
>>        the audio ouput devices API which lets orient audio streams to different output devices was published as a First Public Working Draft in February;
>>        the Presentation API, a critical component in enabling second-screen experiences, was released as First Public Working Draft in February;
>>        the WAI WCAG and UAAG Working Groups released their mapping of accessibility guidelines to mobile as a Fist Public Working Draft in February;
>>        the credential management API that lets Web applications interact with browser-stored user credentials, was published as First Public Working Draft in April;
>>        the Permissions API which exposes what permissions the user has or has not granted to the Web app, was published as First Public Working Draft in April;
>>        The Web Payments Interest Group published a First Public Working Draft of their payment use cases in April;
>>
>> Published as Last Call Working Draft
>>        the Media Capture and Streams specification that brings audio and video from cameras and microphones to Web applications was published as a Last Call Working Draft in April;
>>
>> Returned to Working Draft
>>        the canvas API, previously published as a Candidate Recommendation, returned to Last Call Working Draft status to reflect changes brought to its accessibility features;
>>
>> Reached Candidate Recommendation
>>        the Web Notifications API that lets Web apps notify theirs users using the underlying OS notification system, was released as a Candidate Recommendation;
>>
>> Specification merged, split or abandoned
>>        the work started on an NFC API in the NFC Working Group has been abandonned, while new work on browser-compatible approach to NFC has started in the Web NFC Community Group;
>>
>> Newly tracked
>>        the Geolocation Working Group released an editors draft of their proposed Geofencing API.
>
> As always, contributions to the next release are welcome on https://github.com/w3c-webmob/mobile-web-app-standards/
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dom

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.