Re: Deep linking

Thanks Dom and Leandro for these inputs and insights.I have actually been recently reading up on Deep Linking topics myself to find out about practical and readily ways to implement or enable such capabilities for Apps.I did lately encounter a challenge pertaining to the problem of app linking while browsing apps on my mobile and before I thought too long, I realized this problem was already a known one with solutions being envisioned and worked on.I believe Mobile Web Deep Linking  offers the potential to attaining a more versatile and robust web that provides maximum opportunities for better e-commerce and customer engagement in the ads space. However the the most significant hurdle and challenge for it as a new technology method is the question whether the siloed landscape of companies, startups and competing open-source frameworks can coalesce. Developer adoption is the next phase in making mobile deep links not only more intuitive, but ubiquitous across platforms. And therefore to achieve that, developers need tools to simplify the process and a universal standard of common and best practices and methods to unify it. So standardization is a huge factor in the forward movement and widespread adoption of this new web trend and methodology.Besides solution approaches offered by Google, Facebook, etc...there are a few start-ups that also jumped on the band wagon also looking at implementation and standardization approaches. To mention a few, we have BranchMetrics, URX, Deeplink.me, Quixey... etc... Here are a few links that can give you a bit of idea and insight:https://branch.io/
http://urx.com/
http://mobiledeeplinking.org/
https://deeplink.me/
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/technology/tech-companies-look-to-break-down-walls-between-apps.html?emc=edit_tu_20150106&nl=technology&nlid=66768929&_r=0

So I believe it will be a good effort and  initiative for a community in W3C to look into this new trend and also work with various partners in order to keep a consolidated set of methods, practices and recommendations and also guide further development in this subject matter.Let's follow up and see how that goes.
Thanks,
Souma B-W
804.919.2787
www.soumaonline.net