Re: [W3C Webmob] Deep Linking Continues...!

On 06/02/2015 13:28, Natasha Rooney wrote:
> If we find that the Navigation Scope covers the use cases we have then
> we will not do any extra work, however, if it doesn’t then we will
> create a use cases and requirements doc for this. Let the list know your
> thoughts!

While I think Navigation Scope probably covers well the use cases for
deep linking into Web Apps, a lot of the interest around deep linking
concerns native apps, where obviously the manifest doesn't apply as is.

I think it would be interesting to look beyond just Web Apps, and see if
we can help solve deep linking for native apps as well.

If we do want to make progress on that aspect too, I think my earlier
suggestion [1] of comparing existing solutions in this space still
stands (although I'm afraid I don't have the cycles to help with it at
the moment).

Dom

1. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-mobile/2015Jan/0007.html