Re: [W3C WebMob] Data Info API

On October 15, 2014 at 2:13:12 PM, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (bs3131@att.com) wrote:
> > Excellent. Thanks to Mozilla and Google for moving this forward.
> I guess I was not paying enough attention.

That's really my fault. We've been doing it exclusively on GitHub and hoping people will subscribe to the repo. In any case, we are making progress.

> I'll have to update
> my connection-aware test apps to see how well it works.

It seems Google actually pulled it from Desktop (as it has limited value there). However, I know for sure it's in Chrome on Android.

> Last time
> I did this was by inferring the connection type from the bandwidth
> in the early API versions. But this sounds a lot easier.

Yeah, .downlinkMax should help make things easier. Please take a look and let us know if the values look ok:

http://w3c.github.io/netinfo/#downlinkmax-attribute