Re: API for network optimization

Thanks for this Dom!

Guys - please take a look at Domıs suggestion below and let the list know
your thoughts (thanks to Kawada san for already doing this!). We will be
having some discussions about this on the list and on the calls.

>From a GSMA perspective I love the idea! It is a great initiative to ease
network traffic, as well as provide more insight into how to react to
certain network situations for developers.

Thanks all!

Natasha Rooney | Web Technologist | GSMA | nrooney@gsma.com | +44 (0) 7730
219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: nrooney@gsm.org

Tokyo, Japan

On 11/26/14, 23:52, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Back at the Telcos@w3c breakout in TPAC, we ended the session discussing
>how browser vendors and/or Web application developers could adapt their
>network usage to the underlying network:
>http://www.w3.org/2014/10/29-telcos-minutes.html#item04b
>
>Ilya (copied) explained how the specific network configuration (e.g. its
>response to particular pattern of network traffic) can affect
>dramatically the final performance of the Web app.
>
>While there are already ongoing discussions on an API to adapt to the
>user's data plan [1], I wonder if there is also any interest in working
>on an operator-neutral API that would let developers get some visibility
>as to how they should behave on the network to obtain optimal
>performances while reducing network load.
>
>I'm interested in feedback on the value of pushing such work, as well as
>on whether there is any realistic hope such information can be provided
>by (at least some) network operators.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dom
>
>1.
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-mobile/2014Oct/0004.html

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.