Re: Cordova/W3C

Awesome! If you don’t mind (and if you’re joining the call later) would you mind just giving a quick overview of this to the group? Then we’ll see if we can get working on something!

Natasha Rooney | Web Technologist | GSMA | nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com> | +44 (0) 7730 219 765 | @thisNatasha | Skype: nrooney@gsm.org<mailto:nrooney@gsm.org>
7th Floor, 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BF

From: Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldeluca@us.ibm.com<mailto:ldeluca@us.ibm.com>>
Date: 2014年5月14日水曜日 5:36
To: Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com>>
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org<mailto:dom@w3.org>>, DAP <public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org>>, W3C Webmob Public <public-web-mobile@w3.org<mailto:public-web-mobile@w3.org>>, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com<mailto:w3c@marcosc.com>>
Subject: Re: Cordova/W3C

Natasha~

Sorry for not responding sooner.  We could definitely use your help in prioritizing the APIs and identifying any misalignment.  So far all we have are a number of areas identified in the Cordova JIRA issue tracking system for areas to look closer at.  There has already been some work on aligning the vibration spec because the misalignment was identified.  Once we know what needs to be changed it makes it a lot easier on the Cordova developers.

here's a search within the Cordova system for the current w3c related issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CB%20AND%20text%20~%20%22w3c%22

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Mobile Engineer | t: +415.787.4589 | ldeluca@apache.org<mailto:ldeluca@apache.org> | | ldeluca@us.ibm.com<mailto:ldeluca@us.ibm.com> | lisaseacat.com<http://www.lisaseacat.com/> | [follow @LisaSeacat on twitter] <www.twitter.com/LisaSeacat> | [follow Lisa Seacat DeLuca on linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/lisaseacat>

How is this work getting along?! Do you need any help from the us in the
webmob group?

Thanks!

On 28/02/2014 23:56, "Marcos Caceres" <w3c@marcosc.com<mailto:w3c@marcosc.com>> wrote:

>On Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Lisa Seacat DeLuca wrote:
>
>> Marcos~
>>
>> I understand what you're asking but I'm not sure if that is something
>>that the Cordova team is capable of helping with. We don't know how end
>>users are using each of the Cordova APIs and there really isn't a good
>>way to ask them.
>No problem. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought I would ask just in
>case you all had something like that :)
>> Cordova is installed using npm (https://www.npmjs.org/package/cordova)
>>and the plugin repositories have publically visible download stats
>>(http://plugins.cordova.io/#/_stats). We do not have access to contact
>>information for individual developers let alone the code they have
>>written. There is the Google Group for Phonegap as well as the list of
>>developers (opt-in by the developers themselves) as well as the Cordova
>>blog where we could submit a poll. But the responses are unlikely to
>>reach a good subset of users. There are some case studies and featured
>>applications from the Phonegap team (http://phonegap.com/case/).
>
>Those can serve as good inputs. Thanks for pointing me to those!
>
>--
>Marcos Caceres

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.