Re: [W3C Webmob] IDENTITY: Github repo update

Cool! I'll remove that bit!

-------- Original message --------
From: Ernesto Jiménez
Date:27/03/2014 19:01 (GMT+00:00)
To: Marcos Caceres
Cc: W3C Webmob Public ,GALINDO Virginie ,Shane McCarron ,frode.kileng@telenor.com,Natasha Rooney ,Dominique Hazael-Massieux ,BRYAN L SULLIVAN
Subject: Re: [W3C Webmob] IDENTITY: Github repo update

+1 to Marcos' comment.

In my opinion, the approach Marcos took for installable webapps is the best one:

1) document how it is approached in current solutions
2) try to quantify how common he different approaches are
3) extract use cases and requirements from what was learnt in steps 1 and 2

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com<mailto:w3c@marcosc.com>> wrote:

On March 26, 2014 at 7:59:00 PM, Natasha Rooney (nrooney@gsma.com) wrote:
> > Hi all!
>
> I have done some work to the github repo! You can now find 'use-cases'
> and 'considerations for standards' in their own files and I have
> added a references section for the references I have found (please
> add more!).
> IDENTITY REPO: https://github.com/w3c-webmob/identity/
>
> Please send pull requests as you see fit, and when we have an update
> from the Payments CG (and a report from the Payments Workshop)
> we'll get the next set of actions sorted.

Thanks for getting this started, Natasha.

Some initial reactions...

Personally, I would prefer that we don't use hypothetical use cases (as they then to set up unrealistic strawpersons). Identity is a fairly well understood problem - so it should be possible to just look at various mainstream solutions and how they are integrated into various OSs and systems.

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.