From: Brent Shambaugh <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com<mailto:brent.shambaugh@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, 13 March 2014 16:16
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com<mailto:w3c@marcosc.com>>
Cc: "public-webpayments@w3.org<mailto:public-webpayments@w3.org>" <public-webpayments@w3.org<mailto:public-webpayments@w3.org>>, Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com>>, W3C Payments Workshop PC <group-payment-workshop-pc@w3.org<mailto:group-payment-workshop-pc@w3.org>>, W3C Webmob Public <public-web-mobile@w3.org<mailto:public-web-mobile@w3.org>>, David Newton <david@davidnewton.ca<mailto:david@davidnewton.ca>>
Subject: Re: [W3C Webmob] Payments Use Cases: Pulled in Payments CG work

Hi all,

I am adding more information in the same form as before to the wiki (https://www.w3.org/community/webpayments/wiki/WebPaymentsMobileUseCases). Right now it is the GoCardless section. I've read what you have put up. My current plan is to perform a second iteration to address these concerns.

-Brent

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com<mailto:w3c@marcosc.com>> wrote:

On March 13, 2014 at 8:07:08 AM, Natasha Rooney (nrooney@gsma.com<mailto:nrooney@gsma.com>) wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> The web payments use cases work conducted by the Payments CG has been pulled into the "Payments
> Use Cases" Github Repo.
>
> https://github.com/w3c-webmob/payments-use-cases
>
> There are some bits and pieces of information missing, we would appreciate if you could
> take a look and raise issues / create pull requests for the information we are still missing.
> If you have an problems with doing either of these please let me know, I am here to help!
>
> Furthermore we have more issues for this repo as detailed (https://github.com/w3c-webmob/payments-use-cases/issues),
> please take a look and work on them if you can.

It might be good if we take all the bits that are unfinished and convert them into bugs. Otherwise, we just end up with a big document with lots of TODOs but very little useful content (what we currently have, unfortunately).

Also, the "use cases" that are currently listed are not really use cases... they are more features that each service claims to provide. What would be more useful is to understand (i.e., actually *see* or experience) how these services are made available on a mobile device. The user experience of those features is what is actually important - and how payments are made secure and how users are able to access and understand those options and make purchases using their devices. That's not clear at all at the moment.

What I propose is that we first make a list of what, for each service listed, we want to show/answer. Like, how does the user:

* add real money to the service?
* buy a physical good in the real world (e.g., a cup of coffee)?
* pay for physical service (e.g., gym membership)?
* convert virtual money back into paper money?
* transfer money from one person to another (even if the second person is not signed up for the service)?
* buy a product online?
* resolve disputes?
* view transactions?
* secure the wallet?
* etc.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other good questions. We should probably limit them to about 10 to make this project tangible.

--
Marcos Caceres

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight the error.