Re: new device APIs?

Hi Ilya,

Le mardi 08 juillet 2014 à 19:24 +0400, Ilya Bogdanovich a écrit :
> I am not sure if API you mentioned would fit well for use case I mentioned.
>
> It seems to be rather hard to determine headphones from the list of
> media devices. You should check all “audiooutput” devices, determine
> which one of them represent headphones somehow.. it is not very clear.

I guess I'm not sure you need to know that a given audioouput is a
headphone to decide that when it gets unplugged, you should pause the
video or mute the audio.

That being said, the API is still pretty young, and it may be that it
misses some important requirements; it would certainly be useful that
someone (you? :) tries to write up this use case using the API and see
what doesn't quite work, as a way to give input to the Media Capture
task force.

Dom