Re: new device APIs?

Hi Dom, all,

What do you think about API for headphones plug in/out notification?
That may be very helpful for online music/video players - the API could help with automatic sound muting when phones plugged out, and turning it on when phones plugged in back, for example.

The API seems to be rather simple, e.g. addEventListener(“headphones”, handler) and should be easy to implement. We at Yandex are interested in implementing it and making a web standard.

Regards,
Ilya