Re: Offline, Re: [W3C Webmob] Welcome back everyone!

On 14 Jan 2014, at 18:11, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 01:17, Natasha Rooney wrote:
>
>> * Offline *
>> https://github.com/w3c-webmob/offline
>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/Work#TASK_FORCE:_Offline
>> I will be kickstarting the offline document and testing over the next few days. Please check the github repo and see the skeleton of the document. Currently I think it is focussing too much on the past issues but I still feel like these things need to be documented. Take a look and let me know your honest thoughts. If you wish to join me in the Offline Task Force please also remember to add yourself to the Work wiki page.
>
> I feel that the document might not be a good use of our time or of value to those working on Service Workers, as the problems are already well-known and documented in various places.

In what way well-known, and to whom? Is there a perspective that can usefully be added from this IG’s perspective? Might be helpful to summarise for the group’s benefit.

> I'm watching the Github repo + the various implementations, and everything seems to be happily progressing at this point.

That’s fab, most likely most of us are not watching it, so would be good to see such a summary.

> So, I feel pretty strongly that where we could have most impact is by actually building the various applications that are suggested here (just cheap nasty versions of each; enough to show that "stuff works"[tm]):
>
> https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/tree/master/examples
>
> As such, I suggest we don't do the document and instead make and/or suggest new example applications... besides, making apps is more fun than writing boring documents ;)

Interesting point of view. This group is chartered to write documents iirc.