Re: RfC: LCWD of Vibration API; deadline March 4

How to control vibration? For example on Chrome on Android vibration will
stop when the user:
* Navigates away
* Reloads the page
* Switches to a different tab
* Closes the tab
* Sends the browser to background
* Turns the screen off

It should also not start at all if vibration is turned off for the phone as
a whole i.e. it's on silent.

There are also limits to how long the device will vibrate.

Try it out here: http://jsbin.com/UKamoNID/1

If the user doesn't like the page, he can close it and not go there again.
It is the most basic way of user control in a browser, and proven to be
quite effective. Bad web sites lose their traffic.

Most users never find the settings to turn off stuff. It's probably better
to focus on mechanisms that are easier to discover, like what I described
above.

Regards,

Michael