Re: Interest in Screen wake lock API?

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 17:50:21 +0000
To: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Cc: Natasha Rooney <nrooney@gsma.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "public-web-mobile@w3.org" <public-web-mobile@w3.org>

On Friday, February 7, 2014 at 5:30 PM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:

> Hi all,
> Additional use case may be, taping your mobile for nfc payment or nfc ticketing confirmation, without having to unlock your screen.

For the benefits of us who haven't ever seen the NFC stuff work on mobile (ok, just for me!:)), can you explain a bit more about how that would work (i.e., provide a scenario or provide a link to a native application that demonstrates this)? Is NFC provided at the OS level or is it an application level thing? If at the application level, do you mean that the application would automatically switch on?

--
Marcos Caceres