Re: Interest in Screen wake lock API?

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Marcos, as I pointed in my earlier message, Mozilla has a non-standard
> API in that space — is there any way you could figure out if there is
> interest in standardizing it?

</me puts on Mozilla t-shirt >

Mozilla is extremely interested in standardizing any and all FxOS APIs. It's unfortunate that we've had to introduce proprietary APIs - we had to "fill the gaps" to actually allow developers to create apps that can actually compete with native (and make FxOS a compelling platform to build for).

It's always been our goal to do the right thing and work with the Web community to make sure everyone benefits from our (proprietary) experience with FxOS. So, if we can find other interested implementers (the more the better!), then we are happy to work towards standardization.

</me puts on Marcos' standard wear black t-shirt >

--
Marcos Caceres