Re: Retiring the mobileOK checker

Agree that its time has passed, though some of the resources created in its construction still might be useful to someone, somewhere - so on the page suggested it might be an idea to link to those resources as well as linking to some more up to date resources (without implying endorsement, if necessary).

To raise a broader question: The validator does not exist in isolation, it’s an implementation of mobileOK. If the validator has served its time then so has mobileOK Basic Tests. i.e. it’s not that the validator has developed faults, it’s that what it was predicated upon is not as up to date as it could be.

mobileOK Basic Tests was based on Mobile Web Best Practices.

https://github.com/w3c-webmob/mobile_best_practices/issues/11 refers and has some links.

Thanks
Jo