Re: Networking Task Force draft charter

On 12/3/14 10:20 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le mardi 02 décembre 2014 à 09:52 +0000, Natasha Rooney a écrit :
>> First of all Dom and I will write and send a proposed charter for each
>> task force.
> I've been working on a draft charter that incorporates some of the ideas
> that were discussed at TPAC and in other conversations:
> https://github.com/w3c-webmob/networking-tf-charter/blob/master/charter.md
>
> I'm interested in any feedback, but in particular on:
> * whether people would be interested to dedicate some of their time to
> some of the proposed deliverables

Thanks Dom. This is a good start and since it appears I'll have some
spare cycles next year, I would be interested in contributing.

> * whether this is a good enough first list of deliverables or if we
> should add/remove some

Yes, I think so. It seems like some type of survey/inventory of prior
art should be one of the "tasks". Perhaps that's what you envision
vis-à-vis the "evaluating" and "identifying" tasks. One reason I ask is
because I am wondering if you expect the APIs listed to be some type of
"onion skin" wrapper (or abstraction) over "existing" APIs specified by,
f.ex., some other organization, or if you expect the TF to write new
("clean room") APIs.

Lastly, rather than have this IG create the API specifications, perhaps
it would be "safer" from an IP perspective to have the IG create UCs and
Requirements for the APIs and then start a new CG to do the actual
specification work (and thus provide an opportunity for some IP
commitments that won't be obtained if the IG creates the APIs).

-Thanks, AB