Re: Orientation activity

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:36:47 +0000
To: Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com>
CC: "public-web-mobile@w3.org" <public-web-mobile@w3.org>
Hi Marcos,

On 16 Apr 2014, at 21:07, Marcos <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> We've created a new device orientation related activity on GitHub [1] - we will try to document the issues related to orientation in the Web platform (and hopefully how to fix them!). If this is an area of interest to you, please email me and I can add you to the team.
>
> [1] https://github.com/w3c-webmob/orientation

If this activity is tasked to also identify generic issues with the API design, Id like to be in the loop so we can fix other APIs (Ambient Light, Proximity ...) that reuse a similar design popularized by this API.

I think Rich of Opera wrote a great blog post about the issues with this API recently, so I suggest you get in touch with him if not already.

Thanks,

-Anssi