Re: UX gap, was Re: How can HTML5 compete with Native?

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Tobie Langel wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > > On the platform, we’ve generally agreed to take the primitives approach. This should hopefully make it easier to identify if there are any UI primitives missing (when compared to those provided natively). I think that’s the most interesting thing that would be worth while exploring.
> >

> > Absolutely.
>

> Ok, let’s add UI components to our list of potential areas of exploration. If it falls within the top 3 things that we should look at, would anyone be willing to lead this?

Highly related - “CSS Scrolling Snap Points” submission by Microsoft - details:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2013/10/22/enabling-new-interoperable-panning-experiences-through-the-css-scrolling-snap-points-specification.aspx

Spec:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-snappoints/